Faculty Profile for Dr. Stephen P Gordon
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Gordon, S. P., & Ross-Gordon, J. M. (2018). Foundations of adult development and learning: Implications for educational supervision. In Handbook on educational supervision. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley Blackwell.
- Gordon, S. P., & Parham, J. N. (2018). Teacher moonlighting: The bad, the good, and the possible. In By the light of the silvery moon: Teacher moonlighting and the dark side of teachers’ work. Gorham, ME: Myers Education Press.
- Gordon, S. P., & Solis, R. D. (2018). Teacher leaders of collaborative action research: Challenges and rewards. I.E., Inquiry in Education, 10(2).
- Oliver, J., Gordon, S. P., & Oliver, M. L. (2018). Examining the value aspiring principals place on various instructional strategies in principal preparation. International Journal of Education Policy & Leadership, 13(3), 1–18.
- Gordon, S. P., & McGhee, M. (n.d.). The power of formative evaluation of teaching. Basingstoke, United Kingdom: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Distinguished Achievement Award, The American Educational Research Association Supervision and Instructional Leadership Special Interest Group. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Scholarly/Creative Activities, Texas State University. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Lifetime Achievement Distinguished Alumni Award, College of Education, University of Georgia. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Scholarly / Creative Activities, Texas State University. 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Education and Human Services Outstanding Educational Leadership Alumni Award, Wright State University. 2007
- Gordon, Stephen P. Preparation of live video presentations on instructional supervision delivered to the Kingdoms of Bahrain and Qatar, United States Department of State, Federal, $600. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
- Gordon, S. P. (Principal). Evaluation Plan for 2000 PLUS, Berks County (PA) Tech Prep Consortium, $1500. (Funded: 1992). Grant.
- Gordon, Stephen P. Teacher Leadership Institute, ACT Lead Teacher Center (PA), ACT Lead Teacher Center, $4168. (Funded: 1990). Grant.
- Gordon, S. P. (Principal). Washington Mutual, for National Center for School Improvement, $35000. (Funded: 2004 - 2005). Grant.
- Gordon, S. P.. College of Education, for National Center for School Improvement, Texas State University, $2000. (Funded: 2004 - 2005). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Faculty Advisory Council
Coordinated March EDCL Retreat
Committee to Select EDCL Nominee for Outstanding Graduate Student Award
Prepared EDCL program’s application for the University Council of Educational Administration’s Exemplary Educational Leadership Program Award
Reviewer / Referee
Reviewed the book Instructional Leadership in the Content Areas: Case Studies for Leading Curriculum and Instruction for Taylor and Francis/Routledge