Faculty Profile for Dr. Joellen E Coryell
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Coryell, J. E. (2018). Learning to teach: Adult learning theory and methodologies for creating effective learning environments and promoting students’ active learning. In E. Felisatti & A. Serbati (Eds.), Sviluppare la professionalità docente e innovare la didattica universitaria. Milano: Franco Angeli.
- Coryell, J. E., Sehin, O. E., & Peña, C. E. (2018). Adult education through a cosmopolitan lens: A review of the research literature. Adult Education Quarterly. Retrieved from 601 University Dr.
- Coryell, J. E. (2017). Adult learning in study abroad. In S. C. O. Conceição, L. G. Martin, & A. B. Knox (Eds.), International compendium of adult and continuing education: Mapping the adult and continuing education field (pp. 187–190). Sterling, VA: Stylus.
- Serbati, A., Felisatti, E., Da Re, L., & Coryell, J. E. (2018). Modeling professional development programs for junior faculty: Experiences and reflections from Italian universities.
- Coryell, J. E. (2018). Operationalizing cosmopolitan adult education: Collaborative inquiry frameworks for adult educators’ international cross-cultural study of learning and knowing. Retrieved from http://newprairiepress.org/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3990&context=aerc
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor Award, Texas State University. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarship, Texas State University. September 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Education Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarship, Texas State University. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Education Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching, Texas State University. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor Award, Texas State University. 2013
- Coryell, Joellen E. Transnational, Cross-Cultural Learning and Instruction: The Investment in the Professional Development of University Educators and Students. Core Fulbright Scholar Award, U.S. Fulbright Commission, Federal. (Funded: October 2018 - February 2019). Grant.
- Coryell, Joellen E (Principal). The College of Education Faculty Pilot Research Grant, Title: Faculty Development Processes in Teaching International Graduate Students: An International Comparative Study of Faculty Narratives in a Global Era., Texas State University, $5000. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- Coryell, Joellen E (Principal). The College of Education Faculty Pilot Research Grant, Title: Cosmopolitan Adult Education and Global Citizenship: The Case of an Itinerant Study Abroad Program, Texas State University, $4185. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
- Coryell, Joellen E (Co-Principal). Educational Needs Assessment Plan: Improve Teaching-Learning Expertise of UT System Health Professions Faculty, The University of Texas Health Science Center System, $12000. (Funded: 2011). Grant.
- Coryell, Joellen E (Principal). The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Grant. Perspective Transformations on Global Diversity through the Study of Italian Urban Culture: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Study Abroad, The University of Texas at San Antonio, $3370. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Editorial Review Board Member
Didattica universitaria, ricerca e professionalità docente - “Teaching, learning and assessment in Higher Education, scholarship and professional development”
Reviewer / Referee
PhD Comprehensive Exam Review, PhD Program Service, Texas State University
Imogene Okes Research Award Selection Committee, Commission of Professors of Adult Education, The American Association of Adult and Continuing Education
Reviewer for Scholarly Journals
Development in Practice