Faculty Profile for Dr. Eric A Schmidt
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Lloyd, L. K., Schmidt, E. A., Swearingen, C. C., & Cavanaugh, A. (n.d.). Genesis of a University-led, Comprehensive Employee Wellness Program in a PreK-12 Setting. The Journal of School Health.
- Patek, K. T., Lloyd, L. K., Schmidt, E. A., Meaney, K. S., & Vaughan, P. W. (2016). Predicting Objectively-Measured Exercise Participation from Motivation and Basic Needs Satisfaction: Does a Mediational Model Exist? Journal of Applied Biobehavioral Research. https://doi.org/10.1111/jabr.12040
- Fulton, C. A., Hartwig, E., Ybanez-LLorente, K., & Schmidt, E. (2016). Clinical Supervision in the Addictions Field: A Case Example of Effective Gatekeeping. Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly.
- Schmidt, E. (n.d.). Clinical supervision in the substance abuse profession: A review of the literature. Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly, 30, 487–504. https://doi.org/10.1080/07347324.2012.718966
- Schmidt, E., Ybanez-Llorente, K., & Lamb, B. C. (n.d.). Enhancing supervision in the addictions field: Introducing the “supervisor evaluation of the professional and ethical competence of substance abuse counselors.” Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly, 31, 78–94. https://doi.org/10.1080/07347324.2013.746624
- Award / Honor Recipient: case study award, National Wellness Conference. June 2016 - Present
- Award / Honor Nominee: College of Education Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Research/Scholarly Activities (Associate Professor Level), Texas State University-San Marcos. January 1, 2008 - December 1, 2008
- Award / Honor Nominee: College of Education Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Service (Associate Professor Level), Texas State University-San Marcos. January 1, 2006 - December 1, 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Distinguished Service Award, Texas Counseling Association. January 1, 2005 - December 1, 2005
- Award / Honor Recipient: Member of "New Freedom Commission Summit" formed by President George W. Bush's on transforming the mental health system. January 1, 2005 - December 1, 2005
- Schmidt, Eric (Principal). RYKÌ 4 Life-A comprehensive program for empowering women, RYKÌ Womenå's Fitness Grant, RYKÃ WomenÂ's Sports Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $5000. (Submitted: January 1, 2007). Grant.
- Schmidt, Eric (Principal). Underage Drinking. Research Enhancement Grant, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $16000. (Submitted: January 1, 2007). Grant.
- Schmidt, Eric (Principal). Using psychological and physiological interventions to promote health and fitness in adults, Office of Sponsored Programs, Texas State University-San Marcos, $15228. (Submitted: January 1, 2005). Grant.
- Schmidt, Eric (Principal). Innovative approaches to promoting a healthy weight in women (H59), Maternal and Health Discretionary 3-Year Grant, US Department of Health and Human Services, Federal, $446351. (Submitted: January 1, 2004). Grant.
- Schmidt, Eric (Principal). Assessing the Level and Nature of Training for Chemical Dependency Clinical Supervisors in Texas, College of Education, Texas State University-San Marcos, Institutional (Higher Ed), $3219. (Submitted: January 1, 2000). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Bobcat Bond Program
Membership Ethics Committee, National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors
January 1, 2013-Present
Faculty Search Committees
January 1, 2005-Present
Texas Department of State Health Services, Professional Licensing and Certification Division
January 1, 2002-Present
Counseling Program Admissions Committee
January 1, 1999-Present