Faculty Profile for Dr. Shayne Jones
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Jones, S. E., Dinkins, B. J., Sleep, C. E., Lynam, D. R., & Miller, J. D. (n.d.). The Add Health psychopathy scale: Assessing its construct validity. Journal of Criminal Justice. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcrimjus.2020.101779
- Jones, A. M., Jones, S. E., & Duron, A. (2019). Perspective Differences in Trial Process: A Comparison of Judges, Juries, and Litigants. Psychiatry, Psychology and Law, 26, 87–96. https://doi.org/10.1080/13218719.2018.1483274
- Drislane, L. E., Brislin, S. J., Jones, S. E., & Patrick, C. J. (2018). Interfacing Five-Factor Model and triarchic conceptualizations of psychopathy. Psychological Assessment, 30, 834–840.
- Ray, J. V., Sullivan, C. J., Loughran, T. A., & Jones, S. E. (2018). The impact of missing risk factor data on semiparametric group-based trajectory models. Journal of Developmental Life-Course Criminology, 4, 276–296.
- Dinkins, B. J., & Jones, S. E. (n.d.). Psychopathy and perception of vulnerability to criminal victimization. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. https://doi.org/10.1177/0886260518805762
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, The Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National Honor Society. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: William L. Simon/Routledge Outstanding Paper Award. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: John O’Donnell Award for Outstanding Graduate Student. 2003
- Award / Honor Recipient: Commonwealth Research Award. 2002
- Award / Honor Recipient: Golden Key National Honor Society. 1995
- Wilcox, P. (Principal), Jones, Shayne E (Co-Principal). Putting the Person into Context: An Integration of Personality and Social Disorganization Theory, National Science Foundation, Dissertation Improvement Award, $7500. (Funded: September 2002). Grant.
- Jones, Shayne E (Principal). Personality, School Climate, and Aggression: Exploring the Interaction between Individuals and Their Environments, Graduate Student Research Award, University of Kentucky, $350. (Funded: August 2002). Grant.
- Jones, Shayne E (Principal), Wilcox, P. (Co-Principal). Bad Kids or Bad Schools? A Multilevel Assessment of School Antisocial Behavior, Howard Beers Mentor Fellowships in Sociological Research, University of Kentucky, Department of Sociology, $1500. (Funded: May 2002). Grant.
- Jones, Shayne E (Principal). Why Are They Using? Examining Substance Use among Adolescents, Commonwealth Research Award, University of Kentucky, $900. (Funded: January 2002). Grant.
- Jones, Shayne E (Principal). Busy Places and Broken Windows: The Role of Land Use in the Social Control of Criminal Victimization, Graduate Student Research Award, University of Kentucky, $350. (Funded: October 2001). Grant.