Faculty Profile for Dr. Christine S Sellers
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Wagers, S. M., Hamberger, L. K., & Sellers, C. S. (n.d.). Theories and Models of Intimate Partner Violence: Other Theories. In Handbook of Interpersonal Violence Across the Lifespan. New York: Springer.
- Akers, R. L., Sellers, C. S., & Jennings, W. G. (2020). Criminological Theories: Introduction, Evaluation, and Application, 8th edition. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Brewer, K., Cochran, J., Powers, R., & Sellers, C. S. (2019). “Intimate Partner Violence and the Capacity and Desire for Self-Control.” Deviant Behavior, 40(7), 753–777.
- Wagers, S. M., Wareham, J., & Sellers, C. S. (n.d.). “Testing the Validity of an Internal Power Theory of Interpersonal Violence.” Journal of Interpersonal Violence. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1177/0886260519834092
- Cochran, J. K., Maskaly, J., Jones, S., & Sellers, C. S. (2017). “Using Structural Equations to Model Akers’’ Social Learning Theory with Data on Intimate Partner Violence".” Crime and Delinquency, 63, 39–60.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Mentor of the Year, Student Affairs Committee, American Society of Criminology. 1995
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Incentive Program Award, University of South Florida. 1995
- Award / Honor Recipient: Student Paper Competition, Southern Gerontological Society. 1986
Selected Service Activities
MSCJ Executive Program
Doctoral Admissions Committee
Tenure and Promotion College Review Group, College of Applied Arts
Council of Chairs
Editorial Review Board Member
Women and Criminal Justice