Faculty Profile for Dr. Lucia Summers Rodriguez
Biography and EducationLucia Summers is an Assistant Professor in the School of Criminal Justice at Texas State University. Her research interests include the spatio-temporal patterns of crime, offender spatial decision making, and situational crime prevention. Lucia received her PhD in criminology from University College London in 2012.
Teaching InterestsResearch methods, statistics, environmental criminology, crime analysis
Research InterestsEnvironmental criminology, offender situational decision making, geographic analysis of crime, situational crime prevention
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Summers, L., & Rossmo, D. K. (2019). Offender interviews: Implications for intelligence-led policing. Policing: An International Journal, 42(1), 31–42.
- Summers, L., & Guerette, R. (2018). The individual perspective. In G. J. N. Bruinsma & S. D. Johnson (Eds.), Oxford handbook of environmental criminology (pp. 84–104). Oxford: Oxford University Press. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780190279707.013.3
- Mletzko, D., Summers, L., & Arnio, A. N. (2018). Spatial patterns of urban sex trafficking. Journal of Criminal Justice, 58, 87–96. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcrimjus.2018.07.008
- Summers, L., & Johnson, S. D. (2017). Does the configuration of the street network influence where outdoor serious violence takes place? Using space syntax to test crime pattern theory. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 33(2), 397–420. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10940-016-9306-9
- Summers, L., & Caballero, M. (2017). Spatial conjunctive analysis of case configurations: Using Monte Carlo methods for significance testing. Applied Geography, 84, 55–63. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apgeog.2017.05.002
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Texas State University. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Texas State University. 2015
- Award / Honor Nominee: Dean Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching (Assistant Professor/Instructor/Lecturer), Texas State University. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2014 College (of Applied Arts at Texas State University) Achievement Award for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities. $1,000 awarded. 2014
- Award / Honor Nominee: Dean Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching (college-level internal award), Texas State University. 2013
- Summers, Lucia. Conference travel award, Texas State University, $800. (Funded: October 2014). Grant.
- Rossmo, Kim (Principal), Summers, Lucia (Co-Principal). Offender Decision-Making: Decision Trees and Displacement, National Institute of Justice, Federal, $377528. (Funded: January 2013 - December 2017). Grant.
- Summers, Lucia. Budget allocation for the University of London Sub Aqua Club, University of London, Institutional (Higher Ed), $23580. (Funded: September 2010). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Applied Statistics
MSCJ Research Track Committee
“CJ Student Research” TRACS project site