Faculty Profile for Dr. Lucia Summers Rodriguez
Biography and EducationLucia Summers is an Associate Professor in the School of Criminal Justice and Criminology at Texas State University. Her research interests include the spatio-temporal patterns of crime, offender spatial decision making, and situational crime prevention. Lucia received her PhD in criminology from University College London in 2012.
Teaching InterestsResearch methods, statistics, environmental criminology, crime analysis
Research InterestsEnvironmental criminology, offender situational decision making, geographic analysis of crime, situational crime prevention
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Rossmo, D. K., & Summers Rodriguez, L. S. (n.d.). Bentham and the philosophical nature of preventive policing. In S. Jacques & P. Schofield (Eds.), Jeremy Bentham on Police: The Unknown Story and What It Means for Criminology. UCL Press.
- Soto, C., & Summers, L. (2020). Macro-brothels as crime generators: Impact of closure and diffusion of benefits. European Journal of Criminology, 17(3), 247–268. https://doi.org/10.1177/1477370818788011
- Summers, L., & Rogers, T. G. (2020). Too far for comfort? Situational access to emergency medical care and violent assault lethality. Crime Science, 9, 1–11. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40163-020-00124-7
- Summers, L., & Rossmo, D. K. (2019). Offender interviews: Implications for intelligence-led policing. Policing: An International Journal, 42(1), 31–42.
- Summers, L., & Guerette, R. (2018). The individual perspective. In G. J. N. Bruinsma & S. D. Johnson (Eds.), Oxford handbook of environmental criminology (pp. 84–104). Oxford: Oxford University Press. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780190279707.013.3
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Texas State University. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State University Alumni Association. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Texas State University. 2019
- Award / Honor Nominee: Dean Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Service (Assistant Professor/Instructor/Lecturer). 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Texas State University. 2018
- Summers, Lucia. Conference travel award, Texas State University, $800. (Funded: October 2014). Grant.
- Rossmo, Kim (Principal), Summers, Lucia (Co-Principal). Offender Decision-Making: Decision Trees and Displacement, National Institute of Justice, Federal, $377528. (Funded: January 2013 - December 2017). Grant.
- Summers, Lucia. Budget allocation for the University of London Sub Aqua Club, University of London, Institutional (Higher Ed), $23580. (Funded: September 2010). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Revista Española de Investigación Criminológica
Reviewer / Referee
SCJC Marketing Committee
Reviewer / Referee
Crime & Delinquency