Faculty Profile for Dr. William E Stone
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Stone, W. E. (2015). Predicting Enrollment of New Criminal Justice Doctoral Programs. American Journal of Educational Research, 3(10), 1208–1215. https://doi.org/10.12691/education-3-10-1
- Stone, W. E. (2012). Industry, Agriculture and Education. In J. M. Pollock, Ph.D. & A. G. Blackburn, Ph.D. (Eds.), Prisons Today and Tomorrow. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Stone, W. E., & Scharf, P. (2011). Examining the Correctional Technology Paradox: Can Correctional Technologies Save Aggregate Correctional Costs? Journal of the Institute of Justice & International Studies, 11, 171–184.
- Stone, W. E., & Spencer, D. (2010). Enhancing an Active Shooter School Emergency Plan Using Ambient Materials and School Resource Officers. Southwest Journal of Criminal Justice, 7(3), 295–306.
- Stone, W. E., & Spencer, D. (2010). Using Textbooks as Ballistic Shields in School Emergency Plans. International Journal of Police Science & Management, 12(4), 536–547.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Felix Fabian Founders Award, Southwestern Association of Criminal Justice. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Southwestern Association of Criminal Justice Distinguished Service Award. 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidents Cup Award, Southwestern Association of Criminal Justice. 2007
- Award / Honor Recipient: Southwestern Association of Criminal Justice Presidents Cup Award. 2007
- Award / Honor Recipient: Southwestern Association of Criminal Justice Distinguished Service Award. 2006
- Stone, William E (Co-Principal), Scharf, Peter (Co-Principal), Watson, Karly (Co-Principal). MANAGING PREA RISKS: Assessing and Controlling PREA Risks in Correctional Facilities Using the CSLJ PREA Risk Assessment Instrument, Bureau of Justice Assistance, $876000. (Funded: November 2007). Grant.
- Stone, William E. Ethnic Factors in the Police Use of Deadly Force in Texas 1986-1990, Southwest Texas State University Organized Research Grant. (Funded: 1991). Grant.
- Stone, William E. Development of a Custodial Suicide Data Base, School of Applied Arts and Technology, Faculty Research Enrichment Program Grant. (Funded: September 1989). Grant.
- Watts, David, Dunn, Margaret, Wright, Lloyd, Stone, William E. Drug Free Schools and Communities: Security Assistance Program for SMCISD, United States Department of Education. (Funded: June 1988). Grant.
- Stone, William E. Youth Services Bureau Video Based Client/Volunteer Matching System, Southwest Texas State University Organized Research Grant. (Funded: 1983). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Department Governance Committee
September 1, 2017-Present
Retirement & Benefits Committee
Bobcat Bond Mentoring Program
Department Undergraduate Committee
Student Chapter of the Southwestern Association of Criminal Justice