Faculty Profile for Dr. Mark C Stafford
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Reinhard, D. J., Payne, T., & Stafford, M. C. (2020). COVID-19 and Academia: Considering the Future of Academic Conferencing. Journal of Criminal Justice Education.
- Terranova, V. A., Vandiver, D., & Stafford, M. C. (2019). Likelihood of arrest for robberies, assaults, and sexual offenses committed by group and lone offenders. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. https://doi.org/1.o0r.g1/107.171/0778/80688262065015919887722308
- Stafford, M. C. (2018). Deterrence and Psychology. In R. Morgan (Ed.), Sage Encyclopedia of Criminal Justice. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage.
- Schildkraut, J., Naman, B. M., & Stafford, M. C. (n.d.). Advancing responses to mass shootings using a routine activity approach. Crime Prevention and Community Safety, 21(4), 346–361.
- Vandiver, D. M., Braithwaite, J., & Stafford, M. C. (2018). An assessment of recidivism rates of female sexual offenders: Comparing recidivists and non-recidivists. American Journal of Criminal Justice. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12103-018-9451-9
- Award / Honor Recipient: Member of Expert Directory, Crime and Justice Research Alliance. 2017 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Professorship, Professor Dan Mears at Florida State University. 2010 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dean's Nominee for the Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Applied Arts, Texas State University. 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: Mentor Award, American Society of Criminology. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Graduate Inductees to the Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2013
- Stafford, Mark C. Risk-Taking and Homicide Victimization: A Multi-Level Study. (Funded: 2001). Grant.
- Stafford, Mark C. Murder, Bereavement, and the Criminal Justice System. (Funded: 2000). Grant.
- Stafford, Mark C. Ford Foundation Social Science Concepts in Area Studies. (Funded: 1998). Grant.
- Stafford, Mark C. Washington State University’s Grand-in-Aid – Deterrence Questions, An Experimental Test. (Funded: 1983). Grant.
- Stafford, Mark C. Evaluation of the Effectiveness of C.A.R.E. (Funded: 2011 - 2013). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Faculty Mentor in Sponsored Research Fellowship Program
University of Northern Colorado
Editorial Review Board Member
American Journal of Criminal Justice
Ph.D. Qualifying Exam Committee
Reviewer / Referee