Faculty Profile for Dr. David B Perkins
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Perkins, D. B. (2010). A Statutory Hearsay Exemption for Elderly Victims’ Statements: Cases of Infant Law Mortality? Southwest Journal of Criminal Justice, 7(3).
- Perkins, D. B., & Turner, R. K. (2008). The Selective Use of Cinema in Criminal Justice Education. Journal of Criminal Justice and Popular Culture, 15(3).
- Mijares, T., & Perkins, D. B. (2005). The Crisis Negotiation Unit Commander: Operational and Legal Needs for Specialized Management Training. Journal of Police Crisis Negotiations, 5(2).
- Mijares, T., & Perkins, D. B. (2005). The Use of Deception and the Enforceability of Promises Made During the Crisis Negotiation Process. Journal of Police Crisis Negotiations, 5(1).
- Perkins, D. B. (2004). [Review of The Order vs. Freedom Debate After September 11, 2001, by D. Q. C. Thurman & D. A. Giacomazzi]. Controversies in Policing. Anderson Publishing Co.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi National Honor Society Favorite Professor Award. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dean’s Award for Outstanding Teaching. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi National Honor Society Favorite Professor Award. 2014
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Teaching Excellence. 2012
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Teaching Excellence. 2011
- Perkins, David B (Principal), Jamieson, J.D. (Co-Principal). McLaughlin Revisited: An Assessment of the Consequences of Legislated Post-Arrest Changes of Local Jurisdictions in Texas, Office of Sponsored Projects, $15992. (Funded: 2003). Grant.
- Mijares, Tomas (Principal), Perkins, David B (Co-Principal). An Examination of the Advantages, Disadvantages, Operational Limitations, and Legal Parameters of Sensory Enhancing Technology in Police Tactical Scenarios, Office of Sponsored Projects, $15882. (Funded: 1998). Grant.