Faculty Profile for Dr. Wayman C Mullins
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- McMains, M. J., & Mullins, W. C. (2013). Crisis negotiations: Managing critical incidents and hostage situations in law enforcement and correctional settings. Waltham, MA: Elsevior.
- Mullins, W. C., J D, P M, A R, D, P, … Dietz, S. (n.d.). A Professional Development Program for Intelligence Analysts. Results From the Texas Department of Public Safety Intelligence Counterterrorism Center Project.
- Mullins, W. C., & McMains, M. J. (2011). The role of a Psychologist as a member of a Crisis Negotiation Team. (J. Kataeff, Ed.), Handbook of Police Psychology. NY, NY.
- Mullins, W. C. (2011). The etiology of terrorism: Identifying, defining, and studying terrorists. (B. Forst, J. Green, & Lynch, Eds.), Security and justice in the homeland: Criminologists on terrorism.
- McMains, M. J., & Mullins, W. C. (2010). Crisis negotiations: Managing critical incidents and hostage situations in law enforcement and correctional settings. Cincinnati, Ohio: Anderson Press.
- Award / Honor Nominee: Minnie Piper Award for outstanding teaching. 1992
- Award / Honor Recipient: Assistant Dean Internship Position, School of Applied Arts and Technology, Southwest Texas State University. 1990 - 1991
- Award / Honor Recipient: Diplomate in Police Psychology. 1989
- Award / Honor Recipient: W.J. Richards Award, University of Arkansas. 1978
- Award / Honor Recipient: President’s Award for Excellence in Research Committee. 1925
- Mullins, Wayman C. Women in the Pacific, World War II. Department of Defense Legacy Resource Management Grant, Alkek Excellence Award, $6500. (Funded: 1993). Grant.
- Mullins, Wayman C. School of Applied Arts and Technology Faculty Research Enrichment Grant, Southwest Texas State University. (Funded: 1988). Grant.
- Mullins, Wayman C (Principal). The effects of the use of deadly force on future behavior of police officers and veterans, Hofstra University Faculty Research Grant. (Funded: 1983). Grant.
- Kimbrough, W W (Principal), Mullins, Wayman C (Co-Principal). Department of Local Services and the U.S. Civil Service Commission. (Funded: 1978). Grant.
- Mullins, Wayman C (Principal). Professional Development Program for Intelligence and Crime Analysts at DPS-ICT and within the State of Texas under the Governor’s Texas Intelligence Enterprise project, DHS, $750000. (Funded: 1925). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Facility Renovation and Remodel
Society for Police and Criminal Psychology
Texas Association of Hostage Negotiators Board of Directors
San Marcos Civil Service Commission
Kansas Association of Hostage Negotiators Board of Directors