Faculty Profile for Dr. H Jaymi Michell Elsass
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Elsass, H. J. M., Schildkraut, J., Klocke, B., Madfis, E., Muschert, G., & Ross, C. K. (n.d.). Moral panic, fear of crime, and school shootings: Does location matter? Sociological Inquiry.
- Schildkraut, J., Elsass, H. J. M., & Meredith, K. D. (2017). Mass shootings and the media: Why all events are not created equal. Journal of Crime & Justice. https://doi.org/10.1080/0735648X.2017.1284689
- Schildkraut, J., & Elsass, H. J. M. (2016). Mass shootings: Media, myths, and realities. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger.
- Schildkraut, J., & Elsass, H. J. M. (2016). The influence of media on public attitudes. In L. Wilson (Ed.), The Wiley handbook of the psychology of mass shootings. Oxford, UK: Wiley.
- Schildkraut, J., Elsass, H. J. M., & McKenna, J. M. (2016). Faculty, staff, and students’ perceptions of the University’s emergency notification system and related training protocols. SUNY–Oswego’s Office of Emergency Management.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Chi Alpha National Honors Society Favorite Professor Award. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Chi Alpha National Honors Society Favorite Professor Award. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Choice Award of 2016 Outstanding Academic Title, American Library Association. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Professor of the Year, Non-Traditional Students Organization. 2016
Selected Service Activities
Texas Municipal Court Education Center
School of Criminal Justice Student Awards Committee
School of Criminal Justice
Reviewer / Referee
American Journal of Criminal Justice
School of Criminal Justice Representative
Spring Round Rock Open House