Faculty Profile for Dr. H Jaymi Michell Elsass
Teaching InterestsDeveloping new courses
Research InterestsJuvenile Justice
Fear of Crime
Delinquency and Conformity
Media and Crime
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Schildkraut, J., Elsass, H. J. M., & Meredith, K. D. (2017). Mass shootings and the media: Why all events are not created equal. Journal of Crime & Justice. https://doi.org/10.1080/0735648X.2017.1284689
- Schildkraut, J., & Elsass, H. J. M. (2016). Mass shootings: Media, myths, and realities. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger.
- Schildkraut, J., & Elsass, H. J. M. (2016). The influence of media on public attitudes. In L. Wilson (Ed.), The Wiley handbook of the psychology of mass shootings. Oxford, UK: Wiley.
- Schildkraut, J., Elsass, H. J. M., & McKenna, J. M. (2016). Faculty, staff, and students’ perceptions of the University’s emergency notification system and related training protocols. SUNY–Oswego’s Office of Emergency Management.
- Elsass, H. J. M., McKenna, J. M., & Schildkraut, J. (2016). Rethinking crisis communications on campus: An evaluation of faculty and staff perceptions about emergency notification systems. Journal of Homeland Security & Emergency Management, 13(3), 329.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Chi Alpha National Honors Society Favorite Professor Award. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Chi Alpha National Honors Society Favorite Professor Award. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Choice Award of 2016 Outstanding Academic Title, American Library Association. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities. 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Professor of the Year, Non-Traditional Students Organization. 2016
Selected Service Activities
Round Rock Faculty Speaker Series Selection Committee
Representative for Texas State University Round Rock at the Round Rock Chamber of Commerce Meetings
School of Criminal Justice
Reviewer / Referee
Reviewer / Referee