Faculty Profile for Dr. Scott W Bowman
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Bowman, S. W. (n.d.). The Kids are Alright - Making a Case for Abolition of the Juvenile Justice System. Critical Criminology, 26(3), 393–405.
- Bowman, S. W. (n.d.). Intentional Inclusion – Thoughts on Galvanizing a Diverse and Inclusive University. In Cuentos & Testimonies: Diversity & Inclusion at Texas State University. Texas State University.
- Bowman, S. W., & Peel, M. E. (2018). What Was Old Is New Again: An Examination of Contemporary Theoretical Approaches Used in Race, Ethnicity, Crime, and Justice Research. In The Handbook of Race, Ethnicity, Crime and Justice (pp. 227–254).
- Travis, R., & Bowman, S. W. (2017). Hip Hop Culture and Popular Music: Balancing Our Options. In Understanding Society Through Popular Music (pp. 139–154). New York, NY, United States: Routledge - Taylor and Francis.
- Travis, R., Bowman, S. W., Childs, J., & Villanueva, R. (2016). Musical Interactions: Girls Who Like and Use Rap Music for Empowerment. Studies in Symbolic Interaction, 47, 119–149.
- Bowman, Scott W. Bexar County Probation: Analysis of Revocation, $50000. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
- Bowman, Scott W. Research Enhancement Program (REP) Grant--“Implicit Associations Testing.”, $3295. (Funded: 2011). Grant.
- Bowman, Scott W, Travis, R.. Research Enhancement Program (REP) Grant--“Hip Hop and Positive Youth Development.”, $8000. (Funded: 2008). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Faculty Development Advisory Council
Council on Exclusive Excellence
Special Assistant to the Provost for Inclusion and Diversity
July 1, 2018-Present
Civil Discourse Brown Bag Series
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Committee