Faculty Profile for Dr. Farya Phillips
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Jones, B., & Phillips, F. (2016). Social work and interprofessional education in health care: A call for continued leadership. Journal of Social Work Education, 52(1), 18–29. https://doi.org/doi: 10.1080/10437797.2016.1112629
- Phillips, F., & Prezio, E. (2016). Wonders & Worries: Evaluation of a child centered psychosocial intervention for families who have a parent/primary caregiver with cancer. Psycho-Oncology.
- Zadeh, S., Golant, M., Phillips, F., & Jones, B. (2016). Resources chapter. In A. . N. Abrams, A. C. Muriel, & L. Weiner (Eds.), Pediatric psychosocial oncology: Textbook for multidisciplinary care (pp. 397–409). Springer International Publishing.
- Phillips, F., & Lewis, F. M. (2015). The adolescent’s experience when a parent has advanced cancer: A qualitative inquiry. Palliative Medicine, 29(9), 851–858. https://doi.org/doi:10.1177/0269216315578989
- Lowe, A., Phillips, F., Schwartz, L., Rosenburg, A., & Jones, B. (2015). Psychosocial Follow-Up in Survivorship as a Standard of Care in Pediatric Oncology. Pediatric Blood & Cancer, 62.
- Award / Honor Recipient: NIH LRP, National Cancer Institute. August 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: William S. Livingston Outstanding Student Academic Employee Award. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Patricia Puig and Joseph P. Mueller Dean’s Excellence Fund. 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Professional Development Award- Office of Graduate Studies, The University of Texas at Austin. 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Patricia Puig and Joseph P. Mueller Dean’s Excellence Fund. 2010
- Phillips, Farya (Principal). Wonders & Worries RCT, Rice Family Foundation, $13000. (Funded: April 2015 - Present). Grant.
- Phillips, Farya. MGH Cancer Workshop Application. (Funded: October 2014 - Present). Grant.
- Phillips, Farya. NIH LRP Funding, $51844. (Submitted: November 2013, Funded: August 2014 - Present). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Child Life Council Education & Training Committee
Child Life Central Texas Think Tank
Reviewer / Referee
Sage Publishing Book Reviewer
University of Texas Graduate School - C12 faculty committee welfare of academic students
Child Life Council Partnership Committee and Role Delineation Committee