Faculty Profile for Dr. Kimberlee Davis
Biography and EducationTeaching is the one profession that creates all other professions. ― Unknown Author
“Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
Research InterestsInvestigating the process of managing money which includes expense tracking, investment, budgeting, banking, and taxes. It is also called investment management.
Establishing effective methods of rendering financial counseling to clients based on their financial situation.
Using behavioral economics, along with the related sub-field behavioral finance theory to determine the effects of psychological, social, cognitive, and emotional factors on the economic decisions of individuals and institutions and the consequences for market prices, returns, and resource allocation, although not always that narrowly, but also more generally, of the impact of different kinds of behavior.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Davis, K., & Runyan, R. C. (2016). Personality Determinants of personal financial satisfaction: Explaining satisfaction with one’s personal finances using a hierarchical approach. Journal of Counseling and Planning, 27(1), 47–60.
- Alexander, K. L., & Davis, K. (2015). FCS teacher’s perceptions of FCCLA. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences Education, 31(2), 8–23.
- Davis, K., & Alexander, K. L. (2013). Secondary family and consumer sciences programs in the State of Texas: A descriptive study of the teachers and courses. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences Education, 31(1), 1–13.
- Davis, K., & Hustvedt, G. (2012). It’s a matter of control: Saving for retirement. International Review of Social Sciences and Humanities, 3(2), 248–261.
- Alexander, K., & Davis, K. (2011). Trends that FCS education should address: A delphi study reveals top 16. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences, 103(4), 30–37.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society, Alfred H. Nolle Chapter. 2016
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Excellence in Service, Texas State University. 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Contribution to Research, American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences. 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Family & Consumer Sciences National Honor Society Inductee, Phi Upsilon Omicron. 2003
- Davis, Kimberlee (Principal). CashCourse Reimbursement Program, $1000. (Funded: 2009). Grant.
- Davis, Kimberlee, Allen, J (Co-Principal). Texas State University, Financial Literacy Initiative, Texas State Parents Association, $3000. (Funded: 2007). Grant.
- Brown, Daniel A (Principal), Nava, Michael Evan (Co-Principal), Davis, Kimberlee (Co-Principal), Norton, Christine L. Mentoring and Academic Coaching (MAC): Foundations of Student Success at Texas State University, U.S. Department of Education Title V Developing Hispanic Serving Institutions Program, Federal, $2992998. (Funded: October 1, 2012 - September 30, 2018). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Finance Task Force / Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education
Trinity Church of Austin - Finance Committee
Bobcat Bounty Food Bank Steering Committee
Financial Aid Advisory Council
Scholarship Awards Committee