Faculty Profile for Dr. Mira Ahn
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Kang, J., Grable, K., Hustvedt, G., & Ahn, M. (2017). Sustainable water consumption: The perspective of Hispanic consumers. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 50, 94–103.
- Ahn, M., Kang, J., & Kwon, H. J. (n.d.). The concept of aging in place: Exploring the role of personal, built, and interpersonal environments. The Gerontologist. https://doi.org/doi:10.1093/geront/gny167
- Ahn, M. (2018). Aging in place: Current findings and implications in the field of housing (pp. 46–47). Retrieved from https://housingeducators.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-hera-conference-proceedings.pdf
- Ahn, M., Lee, S.-J., Kim, S.-K., & Kwon, J. J. (2018). Issues and policy: Housing satisfaction as aging in place indicator (pp. 33–34). Athens, GA, US. Retrieved from https://housingeducators.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-hera-conference-proceedings.pdf
- Kim, S.-K., & Ahn, M. (2018). Chapter 4. Single-family residential design (pp. 64–79). Athens, GA, USA: University of Georgia Press.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching Activities. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award, Presidential Awards for Excellence in Scholarship Activities. 2015
- Award / Honor Nominee: College Runner-up, Presidential Excellence in Scholarship Award. 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: Early Career Housing Award, Housing Education and Research Association (HERA). October 14, 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: President’s Conference Theme Session, Housing Education and Research Association (HERA) conference. 2010
- Hegde Niezgoda, Asha Latha (Principal), Westerberg, Carmen E (Co-Principal), Martinez-Ramos, Gloria P. (Co-Principal), Ahn, Mira (Co-Principal). Effects of indoor lighting interventions on sleep, well-being, and safety in older adults living independently in public housing, Multidisciplinary Team Incentive, Texas State University, $2460. (Funded: July 2016 - Present). Grant.
- Ahn, Mira. Older people’s home modification behavior in rural areas, University of Tennessee – Martin, $881.52. (Funded: April 2007). Grant.
- Kang, Jiyun (Principal), Ahn, Mira (Co-Principal), Hustvedt, Gwendolyn (Co-Principal). Sustainable consumer leadership: Multi-dimensional scale development and validation, School of Family and Consumer Sciences, Texas State University, Interdisciplinary Research Program, $4000. (Funded: January 2014 - December 2014). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Editorial Review Board Member
Housing and Society
Interior Design TT faculty Search Committee
Housing Education and Research Association/ Reseach section
Interior Design Curriculum
Interior Design Foundation