Faculty Profile for Dr. Stephen B Springer
Biography and EducationDr. Springer holds four public school certifications and has both taught and served as a counselor and administrator in the public schools. He supervised a Competency High School, a Career Center and various other programs. He is a licensed professional counselor(LPC) with experience in various types of counseling. He is a Certified Public Manager and has held public office as a school board member and later President of the board. In addition he retired from the Texas State Guard with the last position being Deputy J-3 for PME. Dr. Springer is married and has two children and five grandchildren.
Teaching InterestsHuman Relations
Career and Technology Education
Research InterestsCareer and Technology Education
Veterans and PTSD
Adult Learning and Personal Problems
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ashford-Hanserd, S. N., Springer, S. B., Hayton, M.-P. E., & Williams, K. E. (n.d.). Shadows of Plessy v. Ferguson: The dichotomy of progress towards educational equity since 1954. Journal of Negro Education.
- Springer, S. B., Lopez, O. S., & Nelson, J. B. (2016). Veterans in the College Classroom: Guidelines for Instructional Practices. Adult Learning, 27(4), 143–151.
- Lopez, O., Springer, S., & Nelson, J. (2015). Veterans in the college classroom: Guidelines for instructional practices. Adult Leaning. Retrieved from doi: 10.1177/1045159515601825
- Springer, S. B. (2015). Building Sustainable Futures for Adult Learners. (J. Holte & C. Boden-McGill, Eds.). Charlotte, NC: Information Publishing, Inc.
- Springer, S., Kakas, M., & Gottschall, P. (2015). The Evolution of Acceptance of a Non-Traditional University Program into University Mainstream Culture. Journal of Human Resources Management and Labor Studies, 3.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. May 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas State Rising Stars Faculty Spotlight, Round Rock Campus in the Austin Statesman. February 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, The Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Sabbatical Leave. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Dean Nominee Award for Excellence in Service. 2013
- Springer, Stephen (Principal), Khan, Salwa (Principal). Occupation Education Lab, Texas State University; San Marcos, Institutional (Higher Ed). (Submitted: May 1, 2004). Grant.
- Springer, Stephen (Principal). Trade and Industrial Grant, Texas Education Agency, State, $45000. (Submitted: January 1, 2001, Funded: 2001 - 2002). Grant.
- Springer, Stephen (Principal). Trade and Industrial Grant, Texas Education Agency, State, $45000. (Funded: 2000 - 2001). Grant.
- Springer, Stephen (Principal). Trade and Industrial Grant, Texas Education Agency, State, $45000. (Funded: 1999 - 2000). Grant.
- Springer, Stephen (Principal). Trade and Industrial Grant, Texas Education Agency, State, $50111. (Submitted: January 1, 1998). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Faculty Library Liaison
GA's for OWLS Department
Role as Graduate Advisor
Department Library Representative
January 1, 2015-Present
College Tenure Promotion Group