Faculty Profile for Dr. Todd Sherron
Biography and EducationDegree Year University Major Dissertation Topic
PhD 2000 University of North Texas Applied Technology, Training, Development, & Econometrics
Psychometric Development of Adaptive Leadership Competency Profile
MS 1995 Southwest Texas State University Interdisciplinary Studies
BA 1993 The University of Texas Government
Teaching InterestsOCED 4360 - Cooperative Occupational Education
OCED 4361 - Cooperative Occupational Education Internship
OCED 4111 - Prior Learning Assessment
Research InterestsPrior Learning Assessment, Leadership, Survey Research
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Boden, C. J., Cherrstrom, C. A., & Sherron, T. (2019). Prior learning assessment in an award-winning degree completion program. International Journal of Adult Vocational Education and Technology, 9(2), 1–19.
- Merrill, H. S., Ashford-Hanserd, S. N., Boden, C. J., Cherrstrom, C. A., Eichler, M. A., Gibson, P. A., … Wilson, B. D. (2018). A guide to college success for post-traditional students (2nd ed.). Charlotte, NC: Information Age.
- Sherron, T., Cherrstrom, C. A., Boden, C. J., & Wilson*, L. (2019). Innovation in prior learning assessment: Program, course, model, and best practices.
- Merril, H. (Ed.). (2017). Prior Learning Assessment. In A Guide to College Success for Post-Traditional Students. (Vol. 1). Information Age. Retrieved from http://www.infoagepub.com/products/A-Guide-to-College-Success-for-Post-traditional-Students
- Sherron, T., Dimock, V., & Foshay, R. (2016). The Impact of Graphing Calculator Use on Algebra I End of Course Examinations. Multiple Linear Regression Viewpoints, 33(2).
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduating Student Recognition Program: Contributing Significantly to student success. January 1, 2010
- Award / Honor Recipient: Certificate of Achievement for Leadership. January 1, 1900
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Performance for the Center for the Study of Work Teams. January 1, 1900
- Award / Honor Recipient: University of North Texas Soaring Eagle Award, University of North Texas. January 1, 1900
- Sherron, T., Ashford, S. N., Cherrstrom, C. A., Lopez, O. S., Boden, C. J.. Accelerate Texas State 2.0, Texas Workforce Commission, College Credit for Heroes, State, $241685. (Submitted: 2017, Funded: 2017 - 2019). Grant.
- Sherron, Todd (Principal). Proposal Requesting Student Computing Resources for Texas State Occupational Education & William P. Hobby Computer Lab, Institutional (Higher Ed), $29832. (Submitted: June 1, 2008). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Greater San Marcos Partnership Workforce group
August 1, 2018-Present
Research Fellow for Initiative for Interdisciplinary Research Design & Analysis (IIRDA
December 1, 2014-Present
OWLS Leadership Team
September 1, 2013-Present
Determining Reasonableness: Identification of the Non-restorable Person Adjudicated Incompetent to Stand Trial.
January 1, 2019-May 31, 2019
Texas State Scholarship Committee
January 1, 1925-January 1, 1925