Faculty Profile for Dr. Matthew A Eichler
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Merrill, H. S., Ashford-Hanserd, S. N., Boden, C. J., Cherrstrom, C. A., Eichler, M. A., Gibson, P. A., … Wilson, B. D. (2018). A guide to college success for post-traditional students (2nd ed.). Charlotte, NC: Information Age.
- Merrill, H. S., Boden, C. J., Cherrstrom, C. A., Eichler, M. A., Gibson, P. A., Lopez, O. S., & Wilson, B. D. (2017). A guide to college success for post-traditional students. Charlotte, NC: Information Age.
- Eichler, M. A., Caluza, L. J. B., & Chao, L. (2016). Cloud-Based Social Media as LMS: A Fit for STEM in Developing and Newly Developed Economies. In Handbook of Research on Cloud-Based STEM Education for Improved Learning Outcomes (pp. 94–105). Hershey, PA, USA: Information Science Reference/IGI Global.
- Eichler, M. A., Bernarte, R., & Milana, M. (n.d.). Queering Transformative Learning: The Unfolding of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, and Ally Lives. In Palgrave International Handbook on Adult and Lifelong Education and Learning. London, UK: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Eichler, M. (2015). The interdisciplinary graduate degree: Pearls, pitfalls, and provocation. Education Review, 8(1), 14–Jan.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Effective Practice Award, Online Learning Consortium (Formerly SLOAN Consortium). October 1, 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award of Distinction, Presidential Award in Excellence for Teaching, Texas State University. January 1, 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award in Teaching, College Award. January 1, 2013
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award in Teaching, College Runner-Up. January 1, 2012
- Eichler, Matthew A, Mix, Kenneth D (Co-Principal), Wagner, Nicole Catherine (Co-Principal). RURAL-V: Reaching Underserved Rural Agricultural Latinos and Veterans, United States Department of Agriculture - Office of Advocacy and Outreach, Federal, $146342. (Submitted: May 2016, Funded: September 30, 2016 - September 29, 2017). Grant.
- Mix, Kenneth (Principal), Eichler, Matthew (Principal). Boots to Roots: Preparing Female Veteran and Hispanic Veterans in the Agricultural and STEM Degrees, USDA - NIFA, Federal, $274991. (Submitted: August 1, 2015, Funded: September 1, 2015 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
- Eichler, Matthew (Principal). Hobby/OWLS Computer Lab Grant, Institutional (Higher Ed), $13682. (Submitted: 2013). Grant.
- Eichler, Matthew (Principal). OWLS/Pedernales 114 Refurbishment, Institutional (Higher Ed), $28220. (Submitted: 2013). Grant.
- Eichler, Matthew (Principal). ITS Computer Grant, Institutional (Higher Ed), $2500. (Submitted: 2011). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Asia Pacific Consortium of Researchers and Educators
International Advisory Committee of APCoRE
Ad-Hoc Graduate Committee
January 1, 2014-Present