Faculty Profile for Dr. Mary Jo Biggs
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Selber, K., Chavkin, N., Biggs, M. J., Shaffer, D., & Hall, K. (2016). Engaging the Next Generation of Veteran Services Providers in Professional Development through an Elective Course. International Journal of Continuing Social Work Education, 19.
- Selber, K., Chavkin, N., & Biggs, M. J. (2015). Dual Mission: An Innovative Field Model for Training Social Work Students for Work with Veterans. Journal of Social Work Education, 51(S1), 59–75.
- Selber, K., Biggs, M. J., Chavkin, N., & Wright, M. C. (2015). Online Training for Working with Student Veterans: A Social Work Elective Course. Online Learning: Official Journal of the Online Learning Consortium, 19(1), 1–12.
- Biggs, M. J., & Knox, K. . (2014). Lessons Learned from an Intergenerational Volunteer Program: A Case Study of a Shared-Site Model. Journal of Intergenerational Relationships, 12(1), 1–15.
- Biggs, M. J. (2013). La Llorona. In C. Tatum (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Latino Culture: From Calaveras to Quinceaneras (Vol. 1, pp. 1136–1140). Santa Barbara, CA: Greenwood.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Setting a University record for graduate enrollment growth, Recognized by the Dean of the Graduate College. 2008 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: 5th Annual Conference Planning Committee Appreciation Award, Association of Mexican American Social Workers. 1925 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Certificate of Appreciation, Family Assistance Crisis Team Volunteer Service, San Antonio Police Department, Victims Advocacy Unit. 1925 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Certificate of Appreciation in recognition of continuing services and support to the Family Assistance Crisis Team Volunteer Service,, Victims Advocacy Unit. 1925 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Certificate of Appreciation, Putting an End to Abuse through Community Efforts, San Antonio Police Department. 1925 - Present
- Biggs, Mary Jo. Latinas Unidas, Latina Faculty, Staff, Student Social, Underrepresented Student Advisory Committee Award, $400.00. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
- Biggs, Mary Jo (Principal). Latinas Unidas Raices: Somos Hermanas Multicultural Programs Committee, $400.00. (Funded: 2012). Grant.
- Biggs, Mary Jo (Principal). Latinas Unidas Appreciation Reception, Multicultural Programs Committee, $1000.00. (Funded: 2011). Grant.
- Wisner, B, Biggs, Mary Jo (Co-Principal). Benefits of Equine Assisted Psychotherapy for Vulnerable Adolescents., Texas State FY2011 Research Enhancement Grant, $16000.00. (Funded: December 2010). Grant.
- Biggs, Mary Jo (Principal). Latina Appreciation and Retention Project, Texas State University, Office of Equity and Access Grant, $5000.00. (Funded: November 2008). Grant.