Faculty Profile for Dr. Ken Mix
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Rea, R. S., Islam, M. R., Rahman, M., & Mix, K. D. (2019). STUDY OF NITROGEN USE EFFICIENCY AND YIELD OF RICE INFLUENCED BY DEEP PLACEMENT OF NITROGEN FERTILIZERS. SAARC JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURE, 17(1).
- Lyon, S. D., Gress, S., Arce, D., Mix, K. D., & Benavides, E. A. (n.d.). Evaluation of Haemonchus contortus hatch inhibition by three plant based products.
- Fancher, J. P., Aitkenhead-Peterson, J. A., Farris, T., Mix, K. D., Schwab, A. P., Wescott, D. J., & Hamilton, M. D. (2017). An Evaluation of Soil Chemistry in Human Cadaver Decomposition Islands. Forensic Science International, 279, 130–139. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forsciint.2017.08.002
- Mix, K. D., Lopes, V., & Groeger, A. W. (2017). Impacts of dam construction on streamﬂows during drought periods in the Upper Colorado River Basin, Texas. Lakes and Reservoirs: Research and Management, 21, 329–337.
- Mix, K. D. (2016). The water infiltration, hydraulic conductivity and water retention effects of ground Saponaria officinalis (L.) root as a soil surfactant. International Journal of Plant and Soil Science.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi, Alfred H. Nolle Chapter. January 1, 2016 - December 1, 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidents Award for Excellence in Teaching. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Teaching Excellence, College of Applied Arts:. January 1, 2015 - December 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi, Alfred H. Nolle Chapter. January 1, 2011 - December 1, 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Clyde Hibb’s Memorial Scholarship, Ball State University, Dept. of Nat. Res. and Env. Management. 1999
- Morris, Mike (Principal), Sechrist, Peggy (Co-Principal), Teague, Richard (Co-Principal), Mix, Kenneth D (Co-Principal). Soil for Water, Adapting to Long-Term Drought: Grazing Management for Soil Health, Dixon Foundation ($50,000) and Meadows Foundation ($50,000), Private / Foundation / Corporate, $100000. (Funded: December 2015). Grant.
- Mix, Kenneth D (Co-Principal), Jensen, Jennifer (Principal). Methods to Reduce RoundUp Damage and Yield Suppression from Drift, Brock Consulting Group, $18000. (Funded: November 2015). Grant.
- Wescott, Daniel (Principal), Rhode, Rodney (Co-Principal), Mix, Kenneth D (Co-Principal). Examination of Upper Threshold Events on the Necrobiome Associated with Human Decomposition In A Subtropic Ecosystem, Multidisciplinary Internal Research Grant (MIRG), $25000. (Funded: May 2015). Grant.
- Mix, Kenneth D (Principal), Hagelman, Ronald (Co-Principal), Eichler, Matthew (Co-Principal). Boots to Roots: Preparing Female Hispanic Veterans in the Agricultural and STEM Degrees, USDA, $249935. (Funded: March 2015). Grant.
- Mix, Kenneth D (Principal). The Students’ Sustainable Farm, Texas State University-Environmental Service Committee (ESC), $45600. (Funded: October 2011). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP) - JOURNAL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (PUPJST)
Graduate - Undergraduate Research 102 Laboratory
College Curriculum Committee