Faculty Profile for Dr. Ken Mix
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Tritsch, K., Mix, K., Edwards, M. L., & Piña Jr., M. (2021). What Makes a Small Farm Successful? A Review of Success Factors, Needs, and Challenges. Journal of Extension, 59(2). https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.34068/joe.59.02.18
- Tritsch, K., & Mix, K. D. (n.d.). What Makes a Small Farm Successful? A Review of Success Factors, Needs, and Challenges. Journal of Extension.
- Rea, R. S., Islam, M. R., Rahman, M., & Mix, K. (2019). STUDY OF NITROGEN USE EFFICIENCY AND YIELD OF RICE INFLUENCED BY DEEP PLACEMENT OF NITROGEN FERTILIZERS. SAARC JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURE, 17(1).
- Wetmore, T. L., Luce, T. W., Mix, K. D., & Benavides, E. A. (n.d.). Effects of plant extracts on adult Haemonchus contortus mortality. Journal of Animal Science.
- Hayes, C. D., Diamond, M. J., Wetmore, T. L., Mix, K. D., & Benavides, E. A. (n.d.). Determining the Possible Anthelmintic Properties of Allicin and Pumpkin Seed Oil For Mitigation of Anthelmintic Resistance Found in Gastrointestinal Nematodes Infecting Ruminants. Journal of Animal Science.
- Award / Honor Recipient: MWI/CoSearch Team funding. April 1, 2019 - March 30, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi, Alfred H. Nolle Chapter. January 1, 2016 - December 1, 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidents Award for Excellence in Teaching. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Teaching Excellence, College of Applied Arts:. January 1, 2015 - December 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi, Alfred H. Nolle Chapter. January 1, 2011 - December 1, 2011
- Morris, Mike (Principal), Sechrist, Peggy (Co-Principal), Teague, Richard (Co-Principal), Mix, Kenneth D (Co-Principal). Soil for Water, Adapting to Long-Term Drought: Grazing Management for Soil Health, Dixon Foundation ($50,000) and Meadows Foundation ($50,000), Private / Foundation / Corporate, $100000. (Funded: December 2015). Grant.
- Mix, Kenneth D (Co-Principal), Jensen, Jennifer (Principal). Methods to Reduce RoundUp Damage and Yield Suppression from Drift, Brock Consulting Group, $18000. (Funded: November 2015). Grant.
- Wescott, Daniel (Principal), Rhode, Rodney (Co-Principal), Mix, Kenneth D (Co-Principal). Examination of Upper Threshold Events on the Necrobiome Associated with Human Decomposition In A Subtropic Ecosystem, Multidisciplinary Internal Research Grant (MIRG), $25000. (Funded: May 2015). Grant.
- Mix, Kenneth D (Principal), Hagelman, Ronald (Co-Principal), Eichler, Matthew (Co-Principal). Boots to Roots: Preparing Female Hispanic Veterans in the Agricultural and STEM Degrees, USDA, $249935. (Funded: March 2015). Grant.
- Mix, Kenneth D (Principal). The Students’ Sustainable Farm, Texas State University-Environmental Service Committee (ESC), $45600. (Funded: October 2011). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Ag Mechanics Search Committee
January 1, 2019-Present
Reviewer / Referee
Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP) - JOURNAL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (PUPJST)
Graduate - Undergraduate 102 Teaching and Research Laboratory
College Curriculum Committee