Faculty Profile for Dr. Tina Marie Cade
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Waliczek, T. M., & Zajicek, J. M. (Eds.). (2016). Urban Horticulture. Boca Raton, FL.: CRC Press.
- Prentice, S. B., & (Waliczek) Cade, T. (n.d.). The effects of environment on memory and reasoning skills: Comparing natural and artificial environments. HortTechnology. Retrieved from 906 Marlton
- McClendon, A., & (Waliczek) Cade, T. M. (2021). The effect of informal education on invasive species knowledge and attitudes. HortScience.
- Sommerfeld, A., McFarland, A., (Waliczek) Cade, T. M., & Zajicek, J. (n.d.). Use of gardening programs as an intervention to increase childrens’ visual-motor integration. HortTechnology.
- Etheredge, C., & (Waliczek) Cade, T. M. (n.d.). Comparative analysis of generation z era students’ overall grades and course satisfaction of a basic floral design course taught fully face-to-face versus an online hybrid format. HortTechnology.
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2020 Hays County Women in Leadership, Political/Civil Service, Pioneer category, San Marcos Daily Record, Wimberley View, Dripping Springs Century News, Hill Country Record. November 22, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Research, College of Applied Arts. August 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Texas State University Alfed H. Nolle Chapter. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Green Cat Challege for Bobcat Blend, Texas State University Faculty Senate. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Green Cat Challenge Award for faculty educator/advisor, Texas State University Faculty Senate. 2019
- Cade, Tina Marie (Principal), Williamson, Paula S (Co-Principal). Survey of college youth’s understanding of exotic species and attitudes towards plant pest control, USDA APHIS, Federal, $36133. (Funded: 2015 - 2016). Grant.
- Brown, Emily (Principal), Cade, Tina Marie. Women's Empowerment Garden (behind Hines), Environmental Service Committee, Texas State University, $37313.5. (Funded: 2020). Grant.
- Cade, Tina Marie. Keep Campus Green -- Bobcat Blend, Environmental Service Committee, Texas State University, $10560. (Funded: 2019). Grant.
- Waliczek, Tina M., Parsley, Kathryn (Co-Principal). Measuring the effect of informal education on attitudes and knowledge towards invasive species, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $3282.04. (Funded: August 2017). Grant.
- Waliczek Cade, T M (Co-Principal), Oxley, F (Co-Principal), Williamson, P (Co-Principal). Survey of college youth¹s understanding of exotic species and attitudes towards plant pest control, USDA Aphis, Farm Bill, $36133. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
American Society for Horticultural Science Collegiate Activities Committee
Editorial Review Board Member
Reviewer / Referee
Health Education Journal
University Camp/Campus Recreation
Reviewer / Referee