Faculty Profile for Dr. Emmanuel Alanis
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Alanis, E., & Quijano, M. (2019). Investment–Cash Flow Sensitivity and the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1978. North American Journal of Economics and Finance.
- Alanis, E., Chava, S., & Kumar, P. (2018). Shareholder bargaining power, debt overhang, and investment. Review of Corporate Finance Studies, 7(2), 276–318.
- Alanis, E., Beladi, H., & Quijano, M. (2015). Uninsured deposits as a monitoring device: Their impact on bond yields of banks. Journal of Banking and Finance, 52, 77–88.
- Alanis, E., & Mahdavi, S. (2013). Public expenditures and the unemployment rate in the American states: panel evidence. Applied Economics, 45, 2926–2937.
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2019 College Achievement Award for Excellence in Service. 2019
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Service, Texas State University. March 1, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching, McCoy College of Business Administration. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Research Enhancement Program, Texas State. May 2017 - July 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2013 Outstanding Award for PhD Research, Texas A&M University. 2013
Selected Service Activities
MS Quantitative Finance and Economics Proposal
Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA)
August 1, 2017-Present
Finance Faculty Search Committee
August 2018-December 2018
Reviewer / Referee