Faculty Profile for Dr. Peiqin Zhang
Biography and EducationPeiqin Zhang is an Assistant Professor of Computer Information Systems in the McCoy College of Business at Texas State University. She received her B.S. in Mathematics for Business and Ph.D. in Computing and Information Systems from University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
Teaching InterestsERP, Enterprise IT and Business Intelligence, Data Management, Management Information Systems, IT Auditing and Controls, System Analysis and Design.
Research Interestssocial and economics of electronic commerce, online communities, online user-generated content, IT Business Value, IT Governance, IT Auditing and Controls.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Lee, H.-M., Zhang, P., & Mehta, M. R. (n.d.). Effects of Competitors’ eWOM in the Mobile Game Market. Journal of Computer Information Systems.
- Sun, Y., Zhang, P., Wierschem, D., & Mendez Mediavilla, F. A. (2020). CEO Turnover, Network Effects, and Firm Performance. International Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence, 10(2), 54–72. Retrieved from https://www.igi-global.com/article/ceo-turnover-network-effects-and-firm-performance/250212
- Zhang, P., Lee, H.-M., & Yuan, Y. (n.d.). The Impacts of Social Ties and Sentiment on Topic Popularity in Microblogs. San Antonio, USA: Southwest Decision Sciences Institute (SWDSI).
- Lee, H.-M., Long, J., Mehta, M. R., & Zhang, P. (n.d.). Health Information Exchange Adoption: Influences of Public Insurance Programs. International Journal of Information and Decision Sciences.
- Zhang, P., Lee, H.-M., Zhao, K., & Shah, V. (2019). An Empirical Investigation of eWOM and Used Video Game Trading: The Moderation Effects of Product Features. Decision Support Systems, 123, 113076. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2019.113076
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, McCoy College of Business Administration. August 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for the Excellence in Teaching, McCoy College of Business Administration. August 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: ICIS 2015 Junior Faculty Consortium, International Conference on Information Systems. December 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Student Travel Award, University of North Carolina at Charlotte. November 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: AMCIS 2013 Doctoral Consortium, Americas Conference on Information Systems. August 2013
Selected Service Activities
MBA admissions Committee
September 1, 2019-Present
ISACA Texas State Student Group
Information Systems Audit and Control Association
February 2, 2016-Present
November 23, 2019-November 23, 2019
Reviewer / Referee
International Conference on Information Systems 2019
May 11, 2019-June 14, 2019