Faculty Profile for Dr. Wilhelmina Joan Pizzini
Teaching InterestsGraduate and undergraduate managerial accounting.
Research InterestsDeterminants and performance effects of management control system design with a special interest in incentives for non-executives.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Calderon, T., James, H., Mangin, N., & Pizzini, M. (n.d.). Sunshine Hotels: An Integrated Managerial Accounting Teaching Case. Journal of Accounting Education, 44, 60–72.
- Hansen, S. C., Pizzini, W., & Brien, S. (n.d.). Cutting Commissaries: Approaches to Downsizing a Government Program. IMA Educational Case Journal, 11(2).
- Dowdell, T. D., Herda, D. N., Pizzini, M., & Trude, L. (n.d.). Research productivity of accounting authors around a change in institutional affiliation. Advances in Accounting Education, 22, 135–159. https://doi.org/0.1108/S1085-462220190000022007
- Raiborn, C., Butler, J., Martin, K., & Pizzini, W. (2017). The Internal Audit Function: A Prerequisite for Good Governance. Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance, January/February, 10–21. Retrieved from http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1097-0053
- Hesford, J., Malina, M., & Pizzini, W. (2016). Turnover Among Hourly Employees and Unit-level Financial Performance: An Analysis of the Costs and Benefits of Voluntary and Involuntary Turnover. Advances in Management Accounting, 26, 35–65.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction for Scholarly/Creative Activity, McCoy College of Business. August 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2016 Presidential Distinction for Scholarly/Creative Activity, McCoy College of Business Administration. August 2016
- Pizzini, Wilhelmina (Principal). College of Business Grant, McCoy College of Business, Texas State University, $1200. (Submitted: September 2017, Funded: January 2018). Grant.
- Pizzini, Wilhelmina (Principal). Research Enhancement Program, Texas State, Texas State University, $8000. (Submitted: October 2015, Funded: January 2016 - December 2016). Grant.
- Pizzini, Wilhelmina (Principal). College of Business Grant, McCoy College of Business, Texas State University, $1364. (Submitted: September 2015, Funded: January 2016). Grant.
- Pizzini, Wilhelmina. Research Initiative Program, Department of Defense, Other, $52200. (Funded: October 2013 - October 2014). Grant.
- Pizzini, Wilhelmina. Research Initiative Program, Department of Defense, Other, $41000. (Submitted: September 2012, Funded: October 2012 - October 2013). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Management Accounting Section of AAA
Editorial Review Board Member
Advances in Management Accounting