Faculty Profile for Dr. Yao-Yu Chih
Biography and EducationDr. Chih is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Finance & Economics at Texas State University. Dr. Chih's main research interests are Social and Economic Network, Applied Microeconomics, and Spatial Econometrics. His recent research has appeared in professional economic journals, such as Regional Science and Urban Economics, Oxford Economic Papers, Canadian Journal of Economics, Economics Letters, and others.
Teaching InterestsMicroeconomics, Managerial Economics, Public Economics, Regional and Urban Economics
Research InterestsSocial and Economic Network, Spatial Econometrics
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Charles, J. S. J., & Chih, Y.-Y. (2016). Delinquency Reinforcement and Balance: Is Exposure to Delinquent Peers. BE Journal of Economic Analysis and Policy, 16(4). Retrieved from https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/bejeap.2016.16.issue-4/issue-files/bejeap.2016.16.issue-4.xml
- LeSage, J., & Chih, Y.-Y. (2018). A matrix exponential spatial panel model with heterogeneous coefficients. Geographical Analysis, 50(4), 422–453.
- LeSage, J., & Chih, Y.-Y. (2018). A Bayesian spatial panel model with heterogenous coefficients. Regional Science & Urban Economics, 72, 58–73.
- Chih, Y.-Y. (2018). Status competition and benevolence in social networks. Oxford Economic Papers, 70(1), 141–162.
- LeSage, J., Vance, C., & Chih, Y.-Y. (2017). A Bayesian heterogeneous coefficients spatial autoregressive panel data model of retail fuel duopoly pricing. Regional Science & Urban Economics, 62, 46–55.
- Award / Honor Recipient: • Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, McCoy College of Business Administration, Texas State University. August 23, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: • College Achievement Award for the Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, McCoy College of Business Administration, Texas State University. August 24, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award for Excellence in Research, Department of Finance & Economics, Texas State University. May 2, 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award for Excellence in Teaching, Department of Finance & Economics, Texas State University. May 3, 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alumni Associate Instructor Award for Excellence in Teaching, Department of Economics, Indiana University. April 1, 2013
Selected Service Activities
MBA Task Force Work Group
September 21, 2018-Present
Faculty Workload Work Group
September 19, 2018-Present
MBA Core Course Coordinator Committee
August 27, 2018-Present
Master's Program Proposal Committee
December 8, 2017-Present
Department of Finance & Economics Seminar Series
January 17, 2017-Present