Faculty Profile for Dr. Jeffrey Allen Todd
Biography and EducationProf. Todd earned his J.D. with honors from the University of Texas and a Ph.D. in English from Texas A&M University, where he was a Lechner Fellow. He practiced transnational litigation at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, LLP and clerked at the Supreme Court of Texas.
Teaching InterestsBusiness law, international law and transnational litigation, environmental law
Research InterestsInterdisciplinary approaches to transnational litigation and torts. See Prof. Todd's SSRN page: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=2340089
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Todd, J. (2018). An Interdisciplinary Perspective on Economic Models in Complex Litigation. Hofstra Law Review, 46, 971–1029.
- Todd, J. (n.d.). Realistic Assumptions in Economic Models. Hofstra Law Review, 47.
- Todd, J. (2017). Trade Treaties, Citizen Submissions, and Environmental Justice. Ecology Law Quarterly, 44(1), 89–146. Retrieved from http://scholarship.law.berkeley.edu/elq/vol44/iss1/4/
- Todd, J., & Jewell, R. T. (2016). Major League Soccer and the Corrupted 2022 FIFA World Cup Bidding: Proving Harm and Recovering Damages. Vermont Law Review, 41, 23–70. Retrieved from http://lawreview.vermontlaw.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/04-Todd.pdf
- Todd, J. (2015). Ecospeak in Transnational Environmental Tort Proceedings. University of Kansas Law Review, 63, 335–382. Retrieved from https://law.ku.edu/sites/law.drupal.ku.edu/files/docs/law_review/v63/6%20-%20Todd-Ecospeak_FinalPDFSheridan.pdf
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor for 2018, Texas Iota Chapter of Alpha Chi. April 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching, Texas State University. August 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, Texas State University. August 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Order of the Coif, University of Texas School of Law. May 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Departmental Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, Department of Finance & Economics. May 2016
- Todd, Jeff. Legal Rhetoric in the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Money Judgments, Florida Coastal School of Law, Institutional (Higher Ed), $8500. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Todd, Jeff. The United States as a "Soccer Nation"? Studying the Correlation Between Hosting an International Soccer Tournament and Professional Soccer Attendance, McCoy College of Business Administration, Texas State University, $2500. (Funded: April 15, 2018 - Present). Grant.
- Todd, Jeff. Assumptions Underlying Economic Models: A Law & Economics Comparative Analysis, Texas State University Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $8000. (Submitted: October 17, 2016, Funded: June 1, 2017 - September 1, 2017). Grant.
- Todd, Jeff. Litigation and the Corrupted World Cup Bidding Process: The Need to Collect & Analyze Economic Data, McCoy College of Business Administration, Other, $2500. (Funded: April 18, 2016 - March 18, 2017). Grant.
- Todd, Jeff (Principal). Environmental Justice, Environmental Rhetoric, Texas State University Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $7075. (Submitted: October 6, 2014, Funded: January 1, 2015 - March 31, 2016). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching Selection Committee
April 1, 2018-Present
Finance & Economics Chair Search Committee
July 17, 2017-June 2018
Pro Bono Attorney
Grace Church of North County
October 2007-August 2008
Review of Litigation (Univ. of Texas)
August 2005-May 2006
Environmental Law & Sustainability Section, ALSB
August 12, 2018-Present