Faculty Profile for Dr. Charles Keith Kebodeaux
Biography and EducationLamar University (BBA 1978, MS Acc 2012), University of Texas Law School (JD 1982), University of Houston ( LLM Tax 2008)
Teaching InterestsTaxation of Partnerships and S Corporations; Tax procedure and litigation
Research InterestsFederal income taxation, corporate taxation and partnership and pass through entity taxation.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Kebodeaux, C. K. (2019). Accounting Method Choice Cots Both Ways. Journal of Accountancy, December 2019.
- Kebodeaux, C. K. (2018). IRA distribution to pay spousal support is taxable. Journal of Accountancy, (June 2018).
- Kebodeaux, C. K. (2017). Tax Court approves surgeon’s reclassification of interest in Surgical Center as passive. Journal of Accountancy, (May 2017).
- Kebodeaux, K. (2014). Condemnation of Pipeline Easements: Tax Planning from the Landowner’s Perspective. The Tax Adviser.
- Kebodeaux, K. (2013). CPAs and the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty. Journal of Accountancy.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas Super Lawyer 2020, Texas Monthly. September 1, 2020 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Lawyers in Texas 2020. September 1, 2020 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: AV rating in ethics and professional competence, Martindale Hubbell. January 1, 1998 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas Super Lawyer 2019, Texas Monthly/Thomson Reuters. September 9, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas Superlawyer Business Litigation, Texas Monthly/peer selection. 2017 - 2018