Faculty Profile for Dr. Keith Kebodeaux
Biography and EducationLamar University (BBA 1978, MS Acc 2012), University of Texas Law School (JD 1982), University of Houston ( LLM Tax 2008)
Teaching InterestsTaxation of Partnerships and S Corporations; Tax procedure and litigation
Research InterestsFederal income taxation, corporate taxation and partnership and pass through entity taxation.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Kebodeaux, C. K. (2018). IRA distribution to pay spousal support is taxable. Journal of Accountancy, (June 2018).
- Kebodeaux, C. K. (2017). Tax Court approves surgeon’s reclassification of interest in Surgical Center as passive. Journal of Accountancy, (May 2017).
- Kebodeaux, K. (2014). Condemnation of Pipeline Easements: Tax Planning from the Landowner’s Perspective. The Tax Adviser.
- Kebodeaux, K. (2013). CPAs and the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty. Journal of Accountancy.
- Kebodeaux, K. (1993). Preservation of Jury Charge and Evidentiary Errors. Texas Evidence Reporter, 10(1).
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas Superlawyer Business Litigation, Texas Monthly/peer selection. 2017 - 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America. December 15, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: AV rating in ethics and professional competence, Martindale Hubbell. January 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Super Lawyer in Business Litigation, Texas Monthly. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Superlawyer-Business 2013, Thomson Reuters. January 1, 2013
Selected Service Activities
Meet the Firms
Tax Controversy Comm - Tax Section SBOT
January 1, 2018-Present
Meet the Firms
Rotary Club of San Marcos
August 1, 2017-Present
Partnership and Real Estate Tax Comm - Tax Section SBOT
January 1, 2017-Present