Faculty Profile for Thomas Moorman Puffer
Biography and EducationFormer partner at KPMG and PwC in advisory services. Former CEO of a management consulting firm. Extensive experience with oil & gas, banking, and federal government banking regulators.
Teaching InterestsCost accounting and business information consulting.
Research InterestsMaintaining professional capabilities through consulting opportunities.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Cannon, N. H., Herda, D., & Puffer, T. M. (2019). Colleagues for Life? Post-Employment Citizenship among Big 4 Alumni. Accounting Horizons, 33(3), 25–41. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.2308/acch-52422
- Cannon, N. H., Herda, D. N., & Puffer, T. M. (2020). Big 4 Alumni’s Attitudes and Behavior Toward their Former Firm. Current Issues in Auditing, 14, P10–P15. https://doi.org/10.2308/ciia-52642
- Puffer, T. M. (2014). Full Cost vs. Successful Efforts: Endeavour International and Anadarko Petroleum, LXII(Volume 62, NO. 3), 515–526.
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2016 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Service, McCoy College of Business. September 2015 - May 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Advisory Board, State of Texas - Dept of Information Resources. January 1999
- Award / Honor Recipient: Citation, American Federation of Information Processing Societies. June 1986