Faculty Profile for Dr. Indu Ramachandran
Biography and EducationIndu Ramachandran is a lecturer at Texas State University. She received her Ph.D. in strategic management from the University of Texas at San Antonio. Her research interests encompass knowledge management and organizational ldearning in strategic management, international management, and entrepreneurship. Her work also examines the institutional environment in emerging markets. She has presented papers as the Academy of Management and Academy of International Business annual meetings. Her research has been published in the Academy of Management Review, Journal of International Management, Human Resources Management Review, Journal of Knowledge Management, amongst other journals.
Teaching InterestsStrategic Management and International Management.
Research InterestsKnowledge Management and Organizational Learning, Exploration and Exploitation, Ambidexterity in Organizations, Organizational Renewal/ Strategic Renewal in the context of Strategic Management, International Management and Entrepreneurship
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Medina, M., Ramachandran, I., & Daspit, J. (2019). Collaboration or Clash? Mapping the Effects of Top Management Team Conflict on Firm Absorptive Capacity. International Journal of Innovation Management, 23(3), (Quality: "B”, Impact Factor: N/A, ABDC: B).
- Clark, K., & Ramachandran, I. (n.d.). Institutional Misalignment and Cost of Doing Business Abroad: A Varieties of Capitalism Approach. European Journal of International Management, (Quality: “B,” Impact Factor: 1.164, ABDC: C).
- Ramachandran, I., Lengnick-Hall, C. A., & Badrinarayanan, V. A. (2019). Enabling and leveraging Ambidexterity: Influence of Strategic Orientations and Knowledge Stock. Journal of Knowledge Management, 23(6), 1136–1156. (Quality: “A+,” Impact Factor: 4.488, ABDC: A).
- Badrinarayanan, V. A., Ramachandran, I., & Madhavaram, S. (2018). Mirroring the Boss: Ethical Leadership, Emulation Intentions, and Salesperson Performance. Journal of Business Ethics, 159, 897–912. (Quality: “A,” Impact Factor: 3.796, ABDC: A).
- Badrinarayanan, V. A., Ramachandran, I., & Madhavaram, S. (2018). Resource Orchestration and Dynamic Managerial Capabilities: Focusing on Sales Managers as Effective Resource Orchestrators. Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 39(1), 23–41. (Quality: “A,” Impact Factor: N/A, McCoy Marketing department: A, ABDC: A).
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, McCoy College of Business Administration. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, McCoy College of Business Administration. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: UTSA Presidential Dissertation Fellowship award, UTSA. March 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Academy of Management, OCIS division, AOM. 2008
- Award / Honor Recipient: Ph.D., Texas Tech University. 2005
- Daspit, Joshua Joseph, Ramachandran, Indu. Understanding the innovation paradox in family firms: How family involvement and goals affect explorative and exploitative innovation, Research Enhancement Grant, Texas State University, Texas State University, $16000. (Funded: May 2019 - May 2020). Grant.
- Ramachandran, Indu. McCoy Faculty Development Grant. (Funded: 2018). Grant.
- Ramachandran, Indu. McCoy Faculty Development Grant. (Funded: 2017). Grant.
- Ramachandran, Indu. McCoy COB Research Grant Proposal. (Funded: 2017). Grant.
- Ramachandran, Indu. McCoy Faculty Development Grant. (Funded: 2016). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer, Journal Article
International Business Review
Parent Mentor/ Guide
Health Through Science, Liberal Arts and Sciences Academy.
Health Through Science - LASA/ Dell Medical Center
Science Olympiad - Kealing Middle School
MBA Core Course Coordinator Committee